Watch this short video to learn how the Penso chatbot works. Once you have learned how Penso works, you can start using it from here!
If you prefer reading the user guide:
1. Press “Get Started” if this is your first time using Penso!
2. Press “Manage My Profile” to set up your penpal profile.
3. Penso will ask you a few questions. You just need to response by typing in your answers or choosing the right options.
4. Penso will send you a message confirming profile setup has been completed.
Whenever you want to edit your existing profile, just press “Manage My Profile” and press the profile item you want to update.
Press “Find Penpals” to see your three penpal profiles of the day!
5. This shows you the three profiles of the day. You can press a user name to view his/her complete profile.
6. This is the complete story of a penpal. You can learn more about a user, including his/her letter exchange preference and story.
7. You can press the “Ping” button if you decide to connect with the user.
8. When someone pinged you, Penso will send you a match request message.
You can read his/her complete profile, and then you can choose to accept/reject the request. Don’t worry, the other person will not be notified when you reject the request!
When you have accepted a penpal request, Penso will exchange contact emails for you. You can then contact your new penpal and arrange for a letter exchange through the contact email!
9. If you want to stop receiving new penpal requests, press the “Unavailable” button under the “Update Profile Status” menu.
When you want to find new penpals again, simply press “Available for match” to make your profile visible again!
10. We have added a menu button to help you find and manage things in Penso more easily. Press “Profiles of the Day” under the Find Penpals submenu to see your three daily profiles. You can also press “Recent Pending Requests” and “Recent Match History” to check your recent match requests and successful matches (with their contact emails) respectively.
Happy penpalling 😉